Sunday, April 5, 2009

Shiroyama park

Some of my students, coworkers and I celebrated spring time by having a hanami party. We first had a potluck lunch at our school since it was raining, but later in the day the rain stopped so we visited Shiroyama park. It's such a beautiful park and provides an amazing view of the town I live in. It also has a ferris wheel, which lights up at night and can been seen from my apartment, an old steam train, a children's playground, beautiful landscaping, cherry blossoms, and numerous public grass areas to play FRISBEE! Yes, I taught my coworkers and students to play frisbee and I couldn't have been happier. It was exactly what I had been needing to do. All of the stress from moving and starting over again in a new place vanished out the door once we started playing. They all had so much fun that we're planning an ultimate frisbee event in the future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful city, post more photos. Glad you like your new home.

take care,
kerry + janel