Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Until next time Tony Bennett

Last week I had to leave this behind. It was much harder than I thought it would be. I'm getting quite a bit better at giving stuff away now, or at least walking away from things I didn't think I had the courage to walk away from. It's been an odd last few weeks because some people have treated me like I'm dying and it's their last goodbye. I guess I'll have to come back from the dead and surprise them one day.

I miss my friends like crazy.

Well I've gotten rid of almost all of my possessions, quit my job, and bought some non-refundable plane tickets and luggage, so I guess there's no turning back now!

2 comments:

Chrystene said...

OUCH! From one ex-pat to another, your photos of Alameda and the Bay Area always make my heart ache. But it's somehow comforting to know that another traveler is missing La Pinata as much as Raul and I are!!

Andrew said...

i admire the strength u have to walk away from so much and venture into an unknown abyss. some of us want to do that, some are scared, and many never will. you, my friend, have transcended yourself beyond all of the above.